Doulos- the new me.

A transparent blog about following Jesus Christ.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ahhhhh those tacos...

(The following should be read quickly, in one hurried breath...)
To recap:
I wanted to write a book for 8 years, it never happened but I started a blog; I want to share my journey, the one I've been on over the last eight years, the one that's lead me toward actually becoming a Christ follower.
It's been a week and I've started to stall!
What?
So, while reading God's Word today I started to think about this blog, about the Bible study that I'm going to facilitate in September;
SMACK.
I'm afraid.
I don't feel um...worthy, holy, prepared, ready, good enough. I started thinking today, "Just who do I think I am to share and teach people about this God I have met and love and am in awe of?"

(I'm much calmer now, please choose your breaths accordingly, thank you.)
And then I ate the tacos...ahhh those tacos. Please understand that I don't remember the last time I ate something so stinkin' tasty. I could have cried they were sooo good. I even stopped and told the people taking our seats to order them. Those tacos were so good.

I had to tell people about how good those tacos were because I had experienced those tacos. So on the way home from a lovely weekend with my husband I realized that I had to continue and to share and to encourage and to teach people about Christ because like those tacos, I have experienced Christ. I loved those tacos but I love Christ more. If I can share my love of those tacos with complete strangers, I can share my love for Christ as well. In fact, I can't help but do it.

My next post will be soon and I'm going to pick up 8 years ago; my life had just been turned upside down, yada yada yada...
I'm looking at that now so thankful, so thankful.
If you have time listen to Andy Stanley's sermon series "Go Fish". You can find it by going to http://www.northpoint.org/podcasts and then clicking on "North Point Ministries: Andy Stanley Podcast".

2 Comments:

At September 2, 2009 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Cyndie Randall said...

Love this entry! Very powerful stuff...

 
At March 2, 2023 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My trip on psychedelic mushrooms was far from awesome I have an amazing trip I’ve never felt that good and relief in a long time…. And few weeks later I noticed my depression and anxiety is gone so glad I met myco_canning on Instagram he’s psychedelic works magically he ships them to any location and he gives them out with guidelines if you’re looking to get kindly send him a message he got L$D,DmT and mushrooms and micro dosing capsules he’s gonna help

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home